Work With Us
Want to be a part of the Dumpling Drop family? See available opportunities below to join our team!
Hiring: Operations Administrator Posted September 1, 2021
This opportunity is ideal for part-time business or hospitality management students, recent graduates, or professionals in the food & beverage industry looking for the next step in their career towards business management.
The Operations Administrator is responsible for a variety of tasks, including:
- Maintain communication with remote bookkeeper and assist with bookkeeping
- Assist with in-store responsibilities as needed (i.e. restocking, organizing, daily reporting)
- Managing customer emails on several email accounts
- Assisting with B2B communications for ordering stock, supplies, etc
- Conducting research for wholesale accounts, new products for us to carry, collaborations, market research, machinery
- Processing/filing paperwork and data entry
- Assist with PR and social media content management and creation (assist at photo and video shoots, copywriting)
- Running errands such as grocery/supply shopping, mailing, printing, deliveries
- Updating and maintaining website
- Checking and logging inventory
Successful candidates will have:
- 3+ years experience in retail, restaurant, reception, or office work
- Professional experience with external communications (answering phones, customer emails, etc)
- Proficiency with GSuite apps (Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, Cal)
- Class 5 drivers licence
- Eligibility to work in Canada (citizenship, permanent residency, or work visa)
- Organized, efficient, self-starting attitude
- Punctual, attentive to detail, & excellent communication skills
Preference may be given to applicants with:
- Experience with accounts payable/receivable software (i.e. Quickbooks, Square)
- Experience with internal communications software (i.e. Slack)
- Experience with TouchBistro and Shopify
- Bookkeeping knowledge
- Knowledge in Adobe Illustrator and Lightroom
- Serving It Right certificate
Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday 9:30am - 5:00pm (approximately 21 hours weekly), with possibility of moving to full time
Location of work: Dumpling Drop @ 556A Pandora Avenue + Chinatown office
Perks: staff parties, cool merch, family-feel workplace, cuddles with the office dog Eddie, free dumplings!
How to apply: Please email your resume, contact information for 2 professional references, and a short statement about yourself and why you are applying to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Application for Operations Administrator”.
Application deadline: posted until filled. Please note only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.